Family Posts

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Moving to Idaho

Zak graduated in December with is Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree, so it was time to look for another job.  He sent out his portfolio and resume to a few places (http://zporter.com/), and got a call back from Melaleuca, Inc. We drove up to Idaho together, and I canvased the town while he had a full day of interviews with various people in the Web Design Department and corporate. We heard back a short time later that they intended to make an offer, and when it finally came, we accepted. Husband is officially a Jr. Web Designer. The company booked and covered a hotel stay and cost of meals so we could go a-house-hunting.  I'd been browsing Craigslist, and found a few in our price range to see. Most were pretty small, in areas we didn't like as much, or lacked some of the amenities we wanted. We eventually met with Steve, who showed us some 4-plex housing. The street was pretty busy, but he showed us some others with the same floor plan in another neighborhood.  I liked the washer/dryer hookups, room in the kitchen for a table, and dishwasher, and Zak liked the garage and larger rooms. That week we packed, scrubbed walls, and shampooed our carpet.  My wonderful home teaching companion brought us a meal, our home teacher and my parents and siblings helped us haul our ample boxes of stuff into the 14-foot U-haul Zak was so excited to drive, and we said good-bye to our friends and family. Lots of friends offered help and love. Thank you. A week after our hotel stay and house-hunt, we moved to Idaho. Sort of. My parents did drive us back to Utah to visit with family when cousin Troy spoke in church after coming home from his mission, and when the Johnson side celebrated Daxin's birthday.  It was a great opportunity to see most of the Hoopers and Johnsons.  I'm still adjusting to living in a place where neighbors walk right past my windows, but I  crave the light and can't seem to shut my curtains when the sun is shining. Also "I have a [dishwasher], I have a [dishwasher], I have a [dishwasher], hey hey hey hey!" What a month.

1 comment:

  1. I am excited for you, but sad for me. You are so far away now!

    ReplyDelete