Family Posts

Monday, October 15, 2012

Post-It Note Day

I left a note on his car. That's how we met. With the license plate "Beefy," it was hard for me and my new orchestra friend, Alina, to not notice it.

Beefy
We should be friends.
That is all.
Nicole & Alina

The next week on my way to rehearsal, I saw this mystery Beefy man pull into the parking lot. I caught up to him as I carried my violin and he carried art supplies. I struck up a conversation with this handsome, strong man. He opened the door for me when we reached the building. We went our separate ways.
Except Mom worked with this mystery Beefy man. I told her about the note and the "meet-cute," and she went up to Zak at work, asked about his make, model, and license plate. My secret note identity had been revealed. Mom loves to be a matchmaker, and had actually tried to set us up on a date months before, but Zak had been busy, and it was forgotten.
We became facebook friends, he came to some parties my friends and I held, and he asked me on our first date.
Post-It Note Day 3
Post-It Note Day 2
I recorded in my journal the date I left the note, and we ended up getting married one year and one day after "Post-It Note" Day. I love being married to my best friend, and am so glad I'd gotten into the habit on my mission of carrying post-it notes around to leave little messages. 
Zak set our personal holiday in stone when, the night before we married, he made a post-it note mural on my garage, spelling "I 'heart' Nicole." Each note had a memory, phrase, heart, or message. Happy Post-It Note Day, Husband. Happy Anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment