Family Posts

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

It's difficult to compete with last year's bacon rose bouquet, but I still wanted to do something special for Zak this Valentine's Day. I found some Wizard of Oz valentine cards for kids, and went with that theme. I got a bunch of yellow candies with a few others thrown in a yellow container I decorated. I hid the cards amidst the candy (and hid a Justin Bieber card in which the Bieb asked Zak to be His). My bulk candies offered some extras that just wouldn't fit in the container, so that was to share at home. Zak goes to work shortly before 8:00 A.M., and I had to work at 8:45, so I tried to prepare most of it the day before, and then drop it off on a detour to work.

We got home about the same time, at which point he surprised me with a potted plant, which he knew I wanted, and some gourmet coconut chocolates, made especially for me.

He was named "Star Performer" at work, and won a restaurant gift card. We used it the night before Valentine's Day, thinking it wouldn't be as crowded. There was still a thirty minute wait, but the hostess gave us a notifying device, so we watched part of "Tarzan" on my tablet until our turn came. Life is so different from when I was little and one didn't have electronic devices everywhere to entertain. Dinner was delicious, and as always when multiple servings of the soup and breadsticks are offered, I took them, so I had delicious leftovers for Valentine's lunch. Zak had agreed to make dinner for us that night, so he grilled tasty burgers for us, and then gave me a nice massage. Oh, I do love my husband.





No comments:

Post a Comment