Family Posts

Friday, September 13, 2013

New Baby V



Zak and I recently welcomed our daughter into the world. Our little miracle bundle baby. The cord wrapped itself around her ankle, so during each contraction toward the end her heart-rate dropped. To keep her safe, the doctor encouraged me to push before I was fully dilated, so there was some tearing in addition to the episiotomy, but with the epidural I received beforehand, I was fine. Everything was worth it to get Baby V here. She weighed 8 pounds 8 ounces, measured 20 inches, and made her appearance with a thick, light brown mohawk. We love her so much!
Waking up several times throughout the night for diaper changes and feeding came as an adjustment, but I'm getting used to the three-hour sleep cycles, and appreciate all of Zak's diapering efforts. Having family come and friends from church bring dinners have been a tremendous help, also. New

Before leaving the hospital she was 8 pounds 1 ounce, but at her two-week appointment she was just an ounce shy of her birth weight, and had grown an inch already. Wow. She's realizing how much Mom loves to use the camera.











1 comment: