Family Posts

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Mini Builder


As a scout leader, Zak had the opportunity to go canoeing along the Bear River this summer, so Miss V and I stayed with my parents. They are finishing their basement, as well as building a shed for the back yard, thus have been pretty busy. V kept getting into the tools and trying to get close to Grandpa Hooper as he worked. No injuries were sustained.  Grandma Hooper even let us help pick the paint color for the downstairs living room and playroom. V loved bouncing and jumping on the trampoline with Uncle Ammon. My cousin, Jenny, celebrated her birthday that week, so we drove down together, meeting up with Aunt Cassie to spend time with Jenny and her family. Idaho has been a great location, but being surrounded by family was such a pleasure. I even got to re-read Catching Fire and take a nap without making sure it fit V's schedule. Because I lived in that house for over a decade, I caught myself absent-mindedly opening my old bathroom drawer where I used to keep my toothbrush, and walking to the end of the hall to my old bedroom-turned workshop. My parents have put so much work into fixing up the basement; I can't wait to lounge in their new theater room and watch V grab toys from the newly-built shelves when it's all finished. No matter how the basement looks, though, I always feel welcomed.

Birthday Girl!
Peek-a-boo!
Heart hair by Aunt Cassie




No comments:

Post a Comment