Family Posts

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Flintstone Halloween

Zak doesn't always like to wear a costume for Halloween, so I've tried to go with family themes which provide a simple, comfortable costume for him. With Miss V a growing toddler, I decided the the time was right for the Flintstones. I looked online at available costumes, and decided to make our own. Rather than going with exact versions of the cartoon clothing, I used what I could find to create costumes in the spirit of the cartoon. Orange flannel fabric, a white leopard print fleece blanket, and a glow-in-the-dark bone bow from China all came together for our look. I even tried some temporary hair coloring foam.


























I've claimed for a long time that it always snows here the week before Halloween, but this year my theory was disproven. It was so beautiful, we pulled out our lawn chairs and joined our neighbors in the driveway as the neighborhood kids made the rounds.

We went to the church Halloween carnival and Miss V stocked up on sugary treats. She enjoyed fishing for candy and shooting some cans. They also had an ooey-gooey sensory booth and some pirates battling the kid with foam swords on planks.




We found out later that Zak's cousin's family, dressed up like the Rubbles with their own little Bamm-Bamm.
photo stolen from Jake's Facebook page


Rather than carving pumpkins this year, we decided to help V decorate them with stickers. What she loved most was peeling the stickers back off her pumpkin.





No comments:

Post a Comment