Family Posts

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Church in Bern

Zak, Jess, and I went to church in Bern so we could visit a German-speaking congregation.  They welcomed us in, and pulled out a head set for Zak to use while a man a few rows over translated for all of the English-speakers into a microphone to the headsets.  I loved talking to the little elderly women and finding all of the people who came to be there.  That is one thing about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, no matter where you go, the meetings are in the same format, and you just feel at home.






A few weeks later, Zak and I went to the Bern LDS Temple.  I started crying when I saw the familiar angelic statue amid the trees.  One more little miracle occurred, when we ended up inside with a woman and her son who had actually invited me into their home in Freiburg, Germany in 2006 when I did a language program there.  I introduced myself, and she remembered me.  They were actually there in remembrance of her daughter who had passed away, and I am honored that I was able to be there for it.








Obviously is was overcast when we went inside, and sunny by the time we came outside, but I smiled the whole time.  I love the Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment