Family Posts

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Boy or Girl Baby

At my last doctor's appointment we scheduled the big ultrasound appointment, four weeks later. Amazingly, it timed perfectly to be on my birthday. We'd get to see our little Baby on the screen, make sure everything looked healthy, and find out if Baby is a boy or a girl.


They got us in first thing, and with a little extra ultrasound goo in my belly button, we were able to see our beautiful creation. It's so amazing to me how everything starts so small and simple, and cells grow, multiply, and specialize to become a beating heart, little arm bones, and working kidneys. One of my favorite parts was seeing the tiny mouth open and close a couple times, either to move around or yawn. The lady performing the ultrasound would explain, "Now, there are supposed to be three of those, and there are! The heart is supposed to move the blood right to left, and it does!" We were very relieved at the end of each sentence after the sudden anticipation.

This whole time Zak has been guessing Baby is a girl, and I had no maternal instincts about a boy or a girl. Most people when asked have guessed Baby is female, about one-third have guessed male. The lady gave us an 80 percent chance at first, then 90 percent, her highest guess, that Baby is female. Our little girl! Of course, she had her legs crossed like a lady, which made it more amusing. The woman had to try and wiggle Baby a couple times, "Wake up, Baby. Move around."

As my father-in-law always proclaims that I say, "Awww." That cute little button nose. Those sturdy arm bones. The tiny crossed legs. Thanks, again, Heavenly Father, for our Miracle.


About 17 weeks
At 19 weeks with my cousin's daughter

1 comment: