Family Posts

Friday, February 13, 2015

Shrimp Valentine

Although Valentine's Day is on Saturday this year, I wanted to surprise Zak at work, so I decided to do it on Friday instead. I will forever compare my gifts to the bacon roses, so I again turned to Pinterest. Zak was in the room when I found an inspirational picture from Project Denneler. It didn't give any instructions, but showed a plate full of heart-shaped shrimp appetizers. Grandma Sue discovered Zak's weakness for shrimp a bit ago, so I knew I had a winner.

This morning I speared the pairs together with toothpicks, and then found kabob sticks to make a bouquet. I didn't have any styrofoam, so I went with an apple in the vase to hold the sticks.

We share the car right now, and I knew Zak needed it for a product photo shoot at which he was helping around 10:30. I loaded Miss V onto my back with the Boba, and carried the shrimp toward Zak's nearby workplace, leaving at 9:30. I'm glad we left when we did, because he actually had to be at the photo shoot earlier than planned, so we only caught him as he and co-worker Brooke nearly drove past us. Handing it to him through the car window wasn't the romantic way I had pictured, but he grinned with delight just the same.

Happy Valentine's Day, Husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment