Family Posts

Friday, August 10, 2012

I'm a Mormon Profile

While weeding my "garden," which is technically the rose bushes my landlord planted along our sidewalk, the missionaries from my congregation stopped by and invited me to create a profile on mormon.org. I love getting on there and watching the videos. I've sat there watching them for hours, because they just make me feel so good. I created my profile, which isn't nearly as impressive as any of those with a video, but it shares some experiences. http://mormon.org/me/9BXT/Nicole


I've been a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints my entire life, baptized at 8-years-old, with a pioneer heritage that came west with the Saints shortly after the church was restored. I've learned about some other religions, and am just impressed with how many truths are found throughout the world. We believe that Christ established His church on the earth when He came to atone for each one of us. He had apostles and leaders, but after Christ was resurrected, and then returned to Heaven, there was wickedness, and the apostles were killed, and the priesthood keys they held were taken from the earth. Because Heavenly Father loves His children, He brought the fulness of Christ's gospel and church back to the earth, with latter-day prophets. The priesthood keys have been restored, and each individual can know for him or herself. Everyone can receive personal revelation, and receive help with struggles we have.

Some of the sisters I met on my mission!
Some of the happiest times in my life are when I get to talk about the gospel and share my testimony of these restored truths. One thing I learned while I was a missionary was that the scriptures, including the Holy Bible, The Book of Mormon, and other books, can really answer questions that we have about our families, marriages, priorities, and our eternal purpose.

If you do have any questions, check out mormon.org, The Holy Bible, and The Book of Mormon. Don't be afraid to ask Heavenly Father about your life. I know He and Jesus Christ care about each one of us, and have made it possible to repent and start over anew whenever we need to make changes in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment