Family Posts

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Summer Eats

Along with several of Zak's co-workers, we went  to Big Jud's Burgers, of Travel Channel's Man v. Food fame. They  have 1 lb., 2 lb., and up to a 4 lb. burger with a platter of fries. Zak and I each ordered the 1-pounder meal. I cut it into quarters, and made it through half. I can only handle a few fries at a time, so I transferred handfuls of fries onto Zak's platter, which I regretted when he attempted to eat the entire meal to make it onto the Wall of Fame. I took a few fries back, but Zak ventured on, finishing his one-pounder and grease-soaked fries. I managed an ice cream cone after my half-pound burger, which was delicious. When I was little, my parents would take us to central/southern Utah to visit family. We'd usually stop in Ferron, UT at this little diner with a wall of fame board for their large burger. We never attempted, and now Zak has conquered!

I've also had a lot of fun with the teenage girls in our church congregation, with whom I volunteer. We got to decorate some tasty cupcakes and help with the watermelon eating contest at our Pioneer Day Picnic.

I was the caller, to get some people to the watermelon stand. After dinner, Zak went up against one of the missionaries, who apparently can hold his own with food, because with the challenge to eat four slices of their choosing, leaving as little red or pink as possible, the Elder won. Some other enjoyable Pioneer Days have been spent with congregations playing corn hole in Kentucky, as well as the kids having a cardboard handcart and wagon parade in Ohio.










1 comment: