Family Posts

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Flat Tire in the Parking Lot


We became mini-vanners last year, and have had very few problems with our 2006 go-to vehicle. We did replace some parts earlier this week on it, and then after our date walking around IKEA today, some of the pedestrians in the parking lot waved us down to say one of our tires had flattened.

Heavenly Father blessed us in many ways today. Firstly, my amazing husband was with me in the van I often drive with the kids. Secondly, the snow which fell earlier and later in the day had taken a break. Thirdly, the kids were on a trip with Grandma and Grandpa. Fourthly, we had the vehicle manual to explain how to access the spare tire. Fifthly, we did actually have a spare tire and a jack. Sixthly, it happened in the parking lot after we'd finished our errands, rather than on the freeway or during a drive we plan to take on Sunday. Seventhly, we had an extra black jacket and some sneakers for kneeling. I'm very blessed.

Embarrassingly, the first time I had a flat tire, I didn't even stop. I tried to give a friend a ride home, only to feel something wobbly as I drove. I turned around to go back to our friend's house, when my tire popped off of my silvery blue 1986 Chevy Cavalier .We walked the rest of the way to the friend's house, and I called for a ride. I didn't even think to replace the tire, which as a teenager who owned the car, I should have thought to do. During the winter we're not supposed to park on the road, in case the roads need to be cleared by a plow, so in the middle of the night, the police called my parents' house to ask why my car was on the side of the road, and that it needed to be moved. Around 1:00 A.M. my dad and I drove there to put on the spare and take it to a shop. Apparently, driving on a flat and turning isn't the best idea, and I had ruined the rim already. It all worked out in the end, but I do feel bad for inconveniencing my dad when I should have tried to do it myself in the first place. Thanks for your help, Dad. I still remember many of the inconvenient ways you've helped throughout my troublesome life (although I'm sure I don't remember the majority of the times you've helped me in abundance). I love you, Dad.

Thanks, Zak, for helping me again so I didn't ruin our van. You are knowledgable beyond measure.




No comments:

Post a Comment