Family Posts

Sunday, December 29, 2019

Christmas Adam with the Hoopers

Before Christmas Eve comes Christmas Adam in my family. Another day to celebrate. It worked for everyone to gather before the main day, and then Zak and I could spend time with our little family at home. My siblings and their spouses are hilarious. Plus, with Grandma and Grandpa being healthy, we got to enjoy all of their treats. Thanks, neighbors! They were delicious!

 I've had Decembers of trying to fit every single tradition into a family gather, but now I've reached a serene point. If we don't go caroling as a family or watch every single Christmas movie, I'm ok. We may or may not perform the nativity with my parents and my little family. I just like being together and talking with them. We did end up doing a super-short-Joy-School version of the Nativity and playing some carols on the pipes. We stayed overnight, and got to enjoy ourselves. Mom goes above and beyond making the house feel like Christmas. It has reached the point where I have vowed to never put that much effort into my own decorations, but I enjoy the feeling as soon as I step into the great room. As their children have traveled around the globe, Mom and Dad have gotten an impressive international collection of ornaments on the tree. Also a leg lamp. Fröhliche Weihnachten!

Miss V as Mary, Mr C as Joseph


































Mr C as Joseph

Nate a Sheep #1

Grandpa Hooper as Wise Man #1






No comments:

Post a Comment