Family Posts

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Swaddled Babies

For family home evening, I asked Miss V to pick an activity from the December Friend magazine, and she found a 10 Days of Jesus page. We picked two of the activities together. We watched Sister Joy D. Jones talk from the Christmas devotional about how Christ is the gift who keeps on giving. We drew pictures of the baby Jesus while we watched.

The other day at the dinner table I was explaining that Christ lived a perfect life, and Miss V piped in, "I'm perfect, too!" Well, she's not wrong... We talked about how before children reached the age of understanding and accountability, around 8 years old, they are considered perfect in Heavenly Father's eyes, and don't require repentance or baptism. Obviously, Jesus Christ was perfect in totality, and His understanding came at a much younger age, but I'm grateful Miss V is thinking about how the gospel topics relate to her.

I know Jesus is the Savior and Messiah, that He came to be the Example of how we can live full of compassion and love. I know that what He taught applies to me today, and that He suffered in Gethsemane for me and my children, and my husband, and every other person in this world. He did all of this so that we might overcome death and our shortcomings and sins to become perfect like Heavenly and Christ. So we can live as families with Them again. What a blessing to be able to share this earthly experience with my little swaddled babies, entrusted to me by their loving Father in Heaven.











No comments:

Post a Comment