Family Posts

Thursday, December 5, 2019

Johnson Thanksgiving 2019


Miss V watched Seussical the Musical at the theatre with my parents the snowy night before Thanksgiving, so she was very tired the next day. We didn't end up staying at Uncle Scott's house very long because she was so tired. We did have a lot of fun visiting with my parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.

To give you an idea of what kind of people my mom and aunts are, they came prepared with several to-go containers, and made sure everyone had a chance to fill them after we had all eaten. Mom took over the turkey, even though she doesn't eat meat anymore, this while helping Miss V to have a good stay.

Unfortunately, I didn't get everyone photographed, but I enjoyed a relaxing meal and conversation, once we got all of the food and spaces prepped. I started working on my chosen side dishes and desserts Wednesday morning, since Miss V didn't have school, and that made meal prep a lot easier. I ran out of time for a morning shower on Thursday, so I still have some time management issues.

We continue making new gratitude feathers for our ever-growing turkey we started for a family home activity around 2014. Mom laminated and cut out each feather for me, so we can keep taping them to the wall each November. This year I added how grateful I am that the kids can ride their own bikes to school (and I don't have to carry the children or bikes home). I'm glad we have 2-hour church instead of 3-hour church, for all of the 8-second hugs with my children, 20-second hugs from Zak, and our Redwood Forest family road trip. Mr C wrote had me write that he's happy when Miss V is home from school, because he misses her when she is gone, and for "Gwama and Gwappa." Miss V is grateful for herself, her "cute, cute" brother, the sun and moon, tv, the world, our house, and cars. Zak is still extra thankful for his C-PAP and for "fizzy." This year both sets of grandparents come to see Miss V in the children's church program. I invited them to include their own feathers in our turkey. I love putting up each feather and remembering the blessings in our lives throughout the years.






Nicole A H Porter, Cassie, Nate, and Aaron






No comments:

Post a Comment