Family Posts

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Family Quotes

Among my parents and siblings we have some memorable quotes.  Most stem from Dad or one of my brothers.  Here are some favorites:

Dad:  Have I ever told you how much I hate rocks? 

Dad:  Pineapple juice saved my life.  I was 15 at Disneyland, and dehydrated, and then I saw the the pineapple hut next to the Tiki Room.  Pineapple juice saved my life.

Revisiting the hut that saved his life

Cassie:  Why don't you do something useful?  Go cure cancer!

Dad:  Have I ever told you how much I hate rocks?

Ammon:  In case of an emergency, the trebuchet is the only food storage we need.

Dad:  Howdy.

Mom:  mmBye

Dad:  Have I ever told you how much I hate rocks?

Dad:  The wise man may have built his house upon a rock, but he never tried to install a sprinkling system.

Elise has also collected some gems since I got married and moved.

Ammon:  Root beer is for lesser beings!
‎                 The Elbow Touch-- it's where the Magic happens.
                 Have you ever licked a pine cone? . . . It will change your life, I swear!


Dad and his huge Binos

Our plant is still alive.  It likes steamy showers.  

My only final (a week after everything else this semester is finished) turns out to be a take-home textile assignment in which I design a room with textiles using the proper terminology and fibers.  What kind of theme should I use?  

Zak and I have big decisions ahead about jobs, school, our business, and where to live.  Should he work part time at his current job, and do freelance the other portion?  Should he find a new job at the end of the summer, even if we have to move and he takes online classes?  What about moving after he graduates, and finding a job later?  Should we renew our one-year rental contract?  I'm just grateful that Zak does work so hard, and we have many opportunities.


1 comment:

  1. Love it! your family cracks me up. Good luck on all your adventures!

    ReplyDelete